Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ready, Set... POST!

To all our fans... we regret we haven't made a post in 2 months! How time flies when all have fun... or maybe we just have been working too much again... or maybe I was too depressed because our picture hard drive took a crash and I lost all my pictures in one swoop (I totally thanked God that I had decided to back up all the wedding photos to a completely different hard drive!)! Lo and behold, a very kind and generous work neighbor labored over the hard drive recovering every single last photo! YEAH! So... pictures as promised:

Big Ten Tournament: Indianapolis

Pinckney 1/2 Marathon

Bath Softball 2009


Here's a picture of Bobby for her Jr. Prom:
From Family


On May 9th, I attended my friend Kate's first baby shower. She got plenty of baby goodies, I didn't get a ton of pictures, but a few. She is a beautiful pregnant woman and she had a very lovely shower.


Next up was Amy's graduation from Olivet College. Graduation was held May 16th. We are all extremely proud of her!
Amy Olivet Graduation


For Memorial Weekend, we took a nice long relaxing weekend to unwind and refresh for work. I had decided that week to take both Thursday and Friday off. Thursday to prepare for camping and the cabin and Friday Bob took off so we could head up Thursday evening. We arrived in Harrison to an empty cabin and relished in the quietness and just be together. It was very nice. Bob's parents arrived early Friday morning, we had breakfast, then Bob and I went over to Leota to find the prime Memorial Weekend campsite, which was already taken by other campers. In the process of trying to find another campsite, we got a flat tire... in the middle of the woods on two-tracks... GREAT... Thank God we weren't that far from Houghton Lake. We got all that situated, went back to the cabin for more family time and then headed out to the Men's Leota campsite for a while. We had originally planned on camping out there with them, but with as many people that came up to the cabin, it just made sense to visit with the two girls Bob doesn't see much of anymore, Amber and Amy. All in all it was an awesome weekend. One that was a very long time coming. It made me that much more excited for summer to get into full swing!

This past weekend, we helped my parents re-shingle their home (THAT was a real chore). We laid 28 square in a just about 2 days. We were both very sore!

Also, this past Sunday, Bob oldest niece, Cassie graduated from High School. She is the daughter of Bob's brother Mark. It was an exciting and beautiful day and Cassie looked radiant! She will be attending (if I remember correctly) Saginaw Valley State University. We are also extremely proud of her!
Cassie Cooper Graduation


Now that summer is here, we will be busier just like everyone else, but I will try to keep everyone posted more often than I have of recently. We are both on Facebook, so you can always reach us there too!
Have a wonderful summer!
Dawn

No comments: