Friday, September 11, 2009

Where to Start?

Wow! August sure did go fast... and summer decided to make a brief appearance now.

We started August with a "welcome to our new home" party. We did some quick painting before the weekend as to get rid of the "grandma green" kitchen... It turned out very nice for a quick cover up paint job. Here's those pictures.

Next up was a nice weekend away from everything as we headed to the Cooper cabin for some very much needed downtime. Though it was kind of rainy, we were able to get a little bit of boating in on Higgins and Houghton Lakes.

That following week was a short week as it was my family's yearly (well, we try to make it yearly), Torch Lake vacation. We spent all our time with family just chillin', boating, barbecuing and such. Again, a much needed LONG weekend away from the stresses of life. I do believe next year, I will take a full week off instead of a long weekend.
Torch Lake


That week we got back, we were lucky enough to be invited to the Heart/Journey concert at VanAndel with my cousin Andy and his beautiful wife, Jennifer. We had dinner at this great bar where I think I'll be having my 30th birthday party, then we went off to the concert - which was great! Though I would have to say that Heart blew Journey out of the water, it was still a great concert and a great night overall!

The weekend after that was my cousin Brandon's bachelor party. It was supposed to be at another friends home a few miles from ours, however, because there was a chance of rain, they asked if they could have the party at our place since we have a nice sized pole barn. No big deal... it was my first time at a bachelor party. No pictures for this, I guess it's one of those Bro Code rules...

Now, Kim, had her bachelorett party the weekend after Brandon's so that they had someone to baby sit sweet little Peyton. We started our journey at Kim and Brandon's place, jumping on the infamous mid-Michigan party bus, heading into Lansing and going to some very neat bars downtown... All I can say is WOW! It's been a very long time since I partied in Lansing. I was very impressed with the bars that moved in... maybe one day I can head back with Bob for a night out.

The beginning of September was seen by Bob from the seat of his bike. Yup, Bob rode the DALMAC this year with his nephew, Dylan. Also riding were Amber & Sam. For those of you who don't know, the DALMAC is a yearly event where bikers (peddle bikers, mind you), begin their ride in East Lansing at the MSU Pavilion and finish their adventure at Mackinaw City High School. Bob, Dylan, Amber & Sam all signed up for the "West" route, taking them through Vestaburg, Lake City, Boyne City & finally Mackinaw. Bob's sister and her kids joined me as the S.A.G. (private support vehicle). We set up and broke down camp each morning/evening as the riders were peddling away. This is the 3rd time Bob has rode the DALMAC and probably the hardest year yet... he had a couple crashes (one happened right on Clark Rd in DeWitt, with in the first couple hours of beginning his journey and the other occurred on the 2nd day). Over all the group had a ton of fun. (I know my plan is to ride the DALMAC next year, so for all of you who are interested, let me know... we would LOVE to get a big group to ride it with!!)
DALMAC pictures

No comments: