Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Still Alive & Kicking

I bet you all thought I forgot about story telling. I didn't; I could say I've been exceptionally busy, but truth is just plain lazy. We have been keeping busy, especially with Bobby boxing. I'll be sharing limited photos of her in action for training purposes - we don't want her opponents getting any advantages whatsoever :)

We did host a New Year's Eve Party that went over very well. It was a fun filled evening... with a couple getting married on our stairs - I'm really not kidding about this - Bob and I just signed the marriage license as witnesses a few weeks ago!
Here's some pictures of the evening.

Back to Bobby & boxing... we have been keeping busy traveling all over the state (and out of state) to get her ready for the Bath Boxing Show that the Clinton Co. Boxing Club is hosting on February 27th. Her first fight was at Leelanau Sands Casino, way up in Sutton's Bay right before Christmas. That was a fun travel with Bobby, Travis & Lindsey winning their fights. Next up was Naperville (aka Chicago fight) in the middle of January... the drive of 4.5 hours was just about not worth it for the heartbreak. Thad's fighter never showed up; Travis' fight was disqualified due to an accidental error and though Bobby fought her heart out, she lost against an opponent who had 10 lbs (at a minimum) on her and was 10+ years older. I think the next time they meet up Bobby will beat her. Bobby has the heart, drive and determination. At month end we went over to Birmingham Twp for a fight against the U of M Boxing Club. Both Bobby and Lindsey walked away from those fights with TKO (technical knock out). Lindsey TKO happened in the 3rd round, while Bobby (who had the flu all week) decided to end the fight in 10 seconds in the 2nd round so she could just go home and sleep. This past weekend we traveled up to Bay City where only Bobby & Thad (Berkhousen) had fights. Travis had a fight, but at the last minute his guy backed out. Both Bobby & Thad came home winners.

So far to date, Bobby has beat the perceived #1 & #3 ranked girls in the state. She is fighting perceived #2 in the Bath Boxing Show. From coaches review last night it is going to be one heck of a battle between Bobby & Nekhai Hong. We are obviously praying for a strong win from Bobby... she beats her, Bobby will be #1 in the state. How awesome is that!???

Also, both Bobby & Travis have aspirations of fighting on the U.S.A. Boxing Team at the 2012 Olympics. With hard work and dedication it is believed they will succeed their dreams.

A Facebook Group was set up called Clinton County Boxing Club - you can follow all updates and there are some fun photos posted as well.

Bath Boxing Show
Saturday, February 27th
Doors open @ 5pm, fights start at 6:00pm
Located at Bath High School, 6175 Clark Rd, Bath, Michigan
This show is a fundraiser for the Clinton County Boxing Club & Bath Schools Softball
Presale tickets are:
$6 / student
$8 / adult
Day of Event Ticket Prices:
$12 / everyone

We also have have Silver & Bronze tables still available. You can call Bob or I for more details.

We really hope too see you all there to watch some champions that we are so proud of!

No comments: