October 27th was an annual Halloween Party / Pig Roast that some friends of our put on at their home. Everyone is asked to bring a dish to pass and there is always so much yummy food. This year Bob and I brought his, what I think is famously fantastic, bean soup. We arrived in costume about 6pm. We decided to attend as a Police Officer and a Convict... I was the convict. It was fun, but too cold to keep the costumes on so we ended up changing into our warmer clothes shortly after we arrived.
It was a fun filled night of spiked apple cider, kegs o'beer and lots of old and new friends. Here are some PARTY pictures... I'm really sorry some of them are definitely blurry. I'm still working on taking night photos... Or maybe the apple cider got to me ;)
Last weekend Bob attended my cousin, Andy's, bachelor party (unfortunately, there are no pictures for this event... even though I asked him to take some) and I attended my friend and future cousin, Jennifer, a.k.a. Millertime's, bachelorette party. Andy's party took place in Grand Rapids and unfortunately, Bob couldn't show up till later as he was judging a carpenter apprenticeship competition, then of course, he wanted to watch the rest of the MSU/UofM game, instead of listening to it on the radio driving. By the time he arrived it sounds like all the men were on their way to fully enjoying their evening. From what Bob told me, they went to the Tap Room, then headed to the B.O.B. for a night of drinking.
As for myself, my friend Kate hosted the bachelorette party at her parent's home on Rainbow Lake. Her and another friend, Kimmy, arranged all the festivities, beginning with a Mexican themed dinner with Margarita's and my favorite, Corona's. Once Jen opened her bachelorette gifts, we jumped on a rented party bus and headed towards Fowler to Miller's Tavern, where there was pool table dancing (yes, they specifically keep a piece of plywood in the bar just for occasions like this!). There was this nasty old man who thought all these girls were dancing just for him... you can see him being uncomfortably close to the dancing ladies. After enjoying Miller's for a while, we got back on the bus and headed to Portland to Jerry's Restaurant & Pub. Jerry's Pub is run by the old band teacher of the high school most of us girls graduated from. From there we headed back to St. Johns, during which is was a necessity to make a pit stop in the woods on the way there. Our destination in St. Johns was the good ole Alibi Bar. It's oh-so nasty, but oh-so much fun. The Alibi is also a good place to run into old SJ school friends, which I did get to see some people. We stayed there dancing until the bar shut down then headed back to the Lakehouse to enjoy a 3am snack of left over tacos and coffee then found a comfortable place to sleep. It was a wonderful night of being with my girlfriends. HERE ARE THE SAFE PICTURES!
That Sunday morning I went home to Bob and we went out for breakfast at this awesome new breakfast joint in Haslett called Blondie's Barn. They have THE BEST Mexican breakfast burritos and 20 different omelets to chose from! After that we just hung out and Bob watched football while I took my weekly Sunday nap and started reading a new book.
This weekend we just worked, worked and did more work. At this moment, I snook away to take a break to fill all of you in! Nothing too exciting this weekend, except an MSU win, and hopefully a Lion's win.
Happy November :)
2 comments:
Blondie's Barn sounds yummy. We should go there sometime.
oops! I forgot to write my name on that comment.
Love,
Ree
Post a Comment