Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving

Yup, I did it... I went way too long with out another post. I apologize for those who check this regularly. We've been quite busy (still). What have we been up to you ask... Let me recap.

The second weekend in November, Bob and I worked all weekend. When I say all weekend, I truly mean WORKED all weekend. We had a hard time making it through the following week because we wore ourselves out so much.

That week was the first day of deer hunting and Bob had all the intentions of killing me a deer for the venison, but never made it out to the woods. I guess there's always next year.

The day after opening day, of course, for those of you who know, is my (Dawn's) birthday. Yeah, I know, my parents didn't plan my birth to well... I rarely ever saw my dad for my birthday. When I did, it was always such a treat. It made me feel extra special when he was around on those few birthdays. Since it was my special day, I got to decide what we did for that Friday evening. Well, I had been having a craving for sushi, so we ended up having dinner at the Ukai Hibachi Grill & Sushi Bar. I absolutely love that place. My cousin's girlfriend, Kim, joined us, as well as our friends, Kate and Whitey and of course Erik & Sharre were there. Dinner was super yummy, as usual. Afterwards, we headed to the Mayfair Bar by Lake Lansing, where we hung out till about midnight. At the Mayfair J and Lesa joined us, as well as another co-worker, Nick, Jen and Andy came out as well and a couple surprise faces showed up, know as Joel & Esther and Sara H. It was a fun filled night of friends, dancing and of course beer. Sure enough, I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures of this event. Needless to say, I had a wonderful birthday.

Next up was this past long weekend: Thanksgiving! Thank God!! We needed that weekend. Ryan, a co-worker, had talked Bob and Nick into running the annual Turkey Man Trot that takes place on Thanksgiving morning. Not only did Bob, Ryan and Nick run this annual event, Bob got some of his running crew (Erik & Jason) to run as well as some extras (Remus, Amy & Amber) to run with him. Shortly after we arrived at LCC where this race was being held, another friend (Destinee) showed up with her friend (Kristen). I didn't know Dee was running, so it was a treat to see her since Bob and I bailed on the biggest bar night of the year. Yes, I will repeat that: Bob and I DID NOT make it out to any bar that Wednesday night, except for the Draft House for a quick dinner. A first for both of us and oddly enough, it wasn't that big of a deal for us. Bob definitely did not want to run with a hangover, as he had done a couple times this past year, so we decided on a relaxing evening at home watching movies. After the race, we headed over to Bob's parent's for Thanksgiving dinner, which was very yummy and relaxing. After we left his parent's we headed over to my aunt and uncle's place to hang out with my family for a while. Unfortunately, because we were up so early that morning, we only ended up staying there for a couple hours and at about 8pm decided to go home and snuggle on the couch. This was quite selfish of me, as everyone at my aunt's home were helping make truffles for this coming up weekend. I completely bailed on helping out.

On Saturday, we picked up Amber at her mother's and we took her and Bobby Christmas Tree shopping at the Anna Lovisa Tree Farm, where we had gotten our Christmas Tree last year. We picked out the perfect tree and took it home, only to realize, it was 2 feet too tall to fit in the area where we had our tree last year. After we dropped the tree and Emma off at the apartment, we decided to take a road trip to Frankenmuth, as Bobby & Amber had never been there before. We went to Bronner's and then downtown for a little shopping. We don't think Frankenmuth impressed the girls as much as us. We really like going there, just for the Christmas feel. We also ate a "World Famous Chicken Dinner" at one of the restaurants, and though it was a really good meal and everyone enjoyed it immensely, it was a bit too much like Thanksgiving Dinner, only with chicken.

On Sunday we trimmed the tree and I decorated it and the apartment while Bob and Bobby did errands. Though we bought it too tall it still turned out to the Perfect Christmas Tree. I'm so happy we will be celebrating our 2nd Christmas together! I do love Bob and of course, his family.

Our 2nd Christmas Tree


As for this coming up weekend, it is going to be even more busy than usual. My cousin Andy and his girlfriend, Jennifer (aka Millertime) will be exchanging their wedding vows on Saturday in Greenville. We have a hotel room for Friday and Saturday in Greenville, so we will spending all weekend up there, helping them set up, take part in the wedding and take down decorations. I am honored to be a bridesmaid in their wedding. I cannot wait. It will be an awesome day for my family and friends. They are both extremely wonderful people who truly deserve each other and all the happiness they can bring to each other.

And last of all, we have a huge congratulations going out to my other cousin Brandon and his wonderful girlfriend, Kim. They found out 2 weeks ago that they will be adding a new addition to our family. Their little bundle of joy will join our world next June. We are truly happy for them!

No comments: