Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lax-a-Daisy

My apologies to those of you who check in regularly to see what's been happening in our piece of the world. Both Bob and I have been quite busy. Work has picked up tremendously keeping us busy and needing to work a couple hours here and there on the weekends just so we can have a fresh start Monday mornings. It truly hasn't been too bad working this much, we only do it if we find the time and don't have anything better going on. Plus, with all the changes that have taken place, I'm finally starting to pick up other different work and the new work is a breath of fresh air and just enough of a change to get me excited about work again.

My memory is a little foggy about the last few weeks, but I'll do the best I can to recap them.

We've been trying to go to as many of Bobby's home basketball games as we can. They have a pretty decent team. One of the teams best strengths is stealing the ball. Below are some photos of their game against Laingsburg.
2008 Bobby Basketball

On top of basketball and being a social bug, Bobby decided she wanted to start boxing again. Bob signed both her and Amber up at a boxing gym in Potterville and they try to make it there 1 - 3 nights a week. Bobby's first match up is next Saturday (February 16th). At this point, we don't know if Amber will box in the same tournament or not. Because of our company party being on the same day, Bob will only be able to attend a couple hours worth of boxing, then have to scoot home to get ready for our party.

Two great things happened on February 1st that were both exciting for Bob and I. First, I bought my wedding dress. I'm so excited and know this is the perfect dress for me. Luckily, it only took me 1/2 a day of looking and trying on to realize I had already found the perfect dress 2 weeks prior. Considering I tend to be a pretty picky girl, I was fortunate enough to have fallen for my dress so very quickly. It's like I feel about Bob, I just KNOW it's right. I feel it through out my heart and soul. It's absolutely amazing to feel that way about another person!!! Also, my bridesmaids seem to have found the dress they want for the wedding as well (yes, THEY got to pick out their own dresses, they know what my dress looks like and I completely trust their choices... and they did a GREAT job!). These are two huge things we don't really have to worry about now. It's nice to know we're finally getting somewhere on this planning stuff :) Especially now that I have the help of my bridesmaids doing the research and reporting back to me with ideas. Their help has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders.

The second exciting thing that happened on the 1st, was, Angel Mondujano, a young man from St. Johns that Bob is friends with made his pro-debut in the boxing world at the Palace in Auburn Hills. Not only was it Angel's debut, he beat his opponent in 2 rounds. The crude and rude crowd that was rooting for his opponent fell silent when their man got knocked out and was in a heap on the floor of the ring. The people sitting behind us definitely changed their tune when Angel came up to sit by Bob and thank him for coming to his first pro show. Not only was Angel very happy and excited, Bob was as well, as he had helped coached him a few years ago at a boxing gym in St. Johns. Now there's talk of this man being offered to box at a show at the Playboy Mansion. Bob's definitely on board with this... go figure! We'll see. It is exciting though and I only met him that night at the Palace.

Next up was a night out with a huge crowd of friends on the 2nd to celebrate 3 birthdays. It was a fun filled evening with friends coming "home" from all over Michigan (north, east, west and one from Chicago). We spent most of the evening at Trippers and then ended our evening at the Green Door. Of course I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any pictures with the people I rarely see. It was a boat load of fun... until I started getting sick Monday night thanks to Miss Rhonda for bringing her sickness home with her from Traverse City. This week I have spent in a miserable state of sickness and not having the option to take time off this week; except Tuesday when I could barely even stand up in which I opted to stay home. Oh well, I persevered and made it through. Now I'm going home to take a nap.

1 comment:

Kate and Matt said...

Love the pic Dawn, can we go there now?