So the last month has been insane in our little piece of the world. We started December out, by finding out that Bob's Louisiana Contractor License testing was scheduled for December 17th in Baton Rouge. Okay, how crazy is this; especially considering we hadn't even STARTED our Christmas shopping. We both decided that this is the one trip that I wouldn't go with him on (oh was it hell being apart from each other - any one that knows us, knows we have our most fun when we are together and that we actually truly love every moment we spend together). Bob has family in Mississippi, so he asked his dad and Amber to ride so they could visit them as well. Lucky me, my body decided that this would be the most opportune time to get ill and so I spent most of the week feeling like crud and having no one to wait on me and take care of me. Well, with Bob being Bob, him and his dad decide, against all weather warnings, that it would be better to head back to Michigan; thinking they would arrive before our first huge snow storm. Yeah, right... They drove all night from Mississippi north through rain, an ice storm and finally arriving in Michigan to snow. I was so happy he was home, but yet so upset that they would risk driving through that storm, especially after watching the weather channel for almost 3 days straight.
He crashed when he got home and since I was still sick, Christmas shopping was not at the forefront of our minds. We finally started our shopping on the 21st and finished up on the 22nd. We really had no choice, because we do Christmas Eve/Christmas with Amy, Amber and Bobby on the 23rd/24th, because they celebrate Christmas day with their mom. We spent Christmas Eve morning opening gifts prior to heading over to Bob's parents for Christmas Eve dinner with the Coopers. After celebrating with the Cooper's, we then headed over to my parent's home, where we would then celebrate with the Warners and Hebelers. Afterwards, the girls headed over to their mom's and Bob and I were finally able to crash into peace and quite. We lazily woke up Christmas morning before heading back to my parents for Christmas breakfast. After that, we just went home and crashed to watch movies for the rest of the day. Probably the best Christmas gift I have seen my hubby ever give, was a disc of pictures of his girls set to music. There were 4 videos total and when I get back to work, I will be posting them for everyone to see. Christmas Photos.
The Saturday after Christmas we had a little "Wii tournament" full of tennis, bowling and some cow racing (if you wish to find out about cow racing, please come visit us... I promise you will laugh!) Jason, Lesa, Whitey and Erik came over to watch the MSU basketball game before heading up to the Bath Bar.
Finally... on to New Year's... Bob and I weren't really in the mood to go out and celebrate. Last year we were going to start a tradition with my family and the Warners/Millers and have dinner at the Rusty Nail in Carson City; we were initially going to do this again this year, but we just couldn't make it happen, so Bob and I decided on a New Years Eve at home just chillin. What ended up happening is we invited people over to MSU against Minnesota (which MSU won!) and we had an ice skating party. We scraped off a section of the ice, set up lights and had a fire going, and warm beverages on hand for those who got cold or needed something to drink. By midnight, we were ready to crash... Since then we've been doing nothing but relaxing and hanging out with each other. It's been absolutely wonderful... Except the fact that we now are getting back to regular work weeks; yuck! Oh, well.
(I'll post more pictures soon!)
1 comment:
Sounds like lots of fun! I love the pictures! I miss you tons though. We need to do lunch soon!
Post a Comment