Wednesday, September 26, 2007

More Football...

Yes, we are headed into another long weekend of football... or so I think. MSU plays Wisconsin, so it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top. As for the Lions, after getting beat up last Sunday, I'm hoping Bob just doesn't HAVE to watch it... I don't think I'll get that lucky.

This past weekend was pretty low-key for us. Friday evening we took my parents to Clara's to celebrate their 30th year anniversary. It was a very nice dinner with the family. Saturday, Bob was bummin' cause I wasn't able to join him in watching MSU beat the Irish. He did go to the beer tent at Buddy's Pub & Grill in East Lansing with his cuz, Erik and Erik's wife Sharre. Bob and Erik from the looks of it later on in the evening were having a smashing time. As for myself, I had a bridal shower to attend for a friend who is getting married October 20th. It was a nice shin-dig, with one of the groom's grandmothers stealing the show... She was an absolute hoot! She was upset that she was too old to be able to attend the bachelorette party that was taking place that evening. She kept reminiscing about when she used to "let her hair down." Very cute old woman :) I ended up having to leave as early as I had prior plans to meet up with Bob, Erik & Sharre. We ended up going back to Bob's cuz's house and hung out there for a low key night.

Sunday, Bob and I took a drive up to Rainbow Lake to look at houses and see if we could find one we are interested in. We picked up a bunch of fliers, but haven't made any appointments yet to check them out. We both love the area as it is relatively close to Lansing, but yet, get the total feeling of being up north. After that, we drove home so Bob could, yet again, watch more football. I didn't really care, so I just did some housework, then took a nap. Bob went to bowling, while I tried dying our carpet... I think I got more dye on my feet than the carpet. Oh well.

I finally ordered a battery charger for our camera, so hopefully it comes in before the weekend, so we can start posting pictures again.

Finally, I want to post a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS for my friends Ben & Britta. They found out last week that they are having TWINS!!! The twins will be joining a one year old brother. They sure are going to be busy!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're getting footballed out! :) I've been watching a lot of it too with Ben. Thanks for the shot out! It will certainly be crazy for us for awhile. Hopefully we can see you soon before it gets too crazy. It's been too long already! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi honey. It sounds like you and Bob are having such a wonderful time together doing all sorts of things and watching too much football. This morning I'm catching up on everyones blogs since we left for Europe. It makes me so happy because you, Britta, and Jocelyn are doing so well, but I'm sad at the same time because I am not able to be a part of it with you. Hopefully that will change soon? Anyway, call me this week I'd love to come over one night and just hang out with you. Love and miss, Kate