Friday, September 7, 2007

Labor Day Weekend 2007


The last official weekend of summer 2007, Bob & I decided we wanted to spend some time alone, since we really hadn't since the day he proposed. We really couldn't decide what we wanted to do. We tossed around ideas like going to Cedar Point, finding some good hiking trails and camping, doing a driving tour of Michigan. What we ended up doing was going to his parent's cabin Friday night, hanging around Saturday so he could watch MSU beat the tar out of... I can't remember who they played, oops! Then Sunday morning headed up to Mackinaw City, stopping in Lewiston to see if we would like Garland as a wedding spot, since we love the resort and being there together means something to us (we decided no on this, too fancy for us...).

We arrived in Mackinaw City about 3pm, got our ferry tickets to the island and had a late lunch. Bob had never been to the island, so it was really cool watching his face take it all in. I think he wants to go back... soon! He also has thoughts on a wedding there also... He's thinking about running the 1/2 marathon on the island at the end of October... We walked around, had some ice cream, then went to the Pink Pony Saloon had a couple beers on the patio where a band was playing, then jumped the ferry back to the main land. Yes, shame on us, we were in Mackinaw and did not, I repeat, did not get any fudge!

That night we headed back to the cabin, with a stop at the bar in Gaylord where Bob, Rhonda and I had beers last year for his birthday when he was riding the DALMAC. Discussed some wedding stuff, caught a hotel since we were both too tired to drive all the way back to Harrison. We started heading home about noon on Monday, then just lazed around the rest of the day.

It was a nice relaxing alone-time weekend with my honey! I do want to apologize to Kate and Matt for not making their shin-dig before they headed off to Europe for the month! We'll plan on dinner when you two get back =)

(Click on picture above to see the short photo album)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want some of these pictures!

Debbie