Tuesday, July 1, 2008

24 days & counting

Yup... we now have 24 days until our big day! And all of you have 9 days to get in your RSVP's before the brigade starts calling for them! It's so very exciting, but at the same time stressful. Things still need to be done and boy are we busy every weekend up until then. We will make it work though! We are both great workers under pressure and have a lot of people to help us out. We finally have the key person to make this happen! We sat down with an old family pastor last night and are very happy that he is willing to marry us. He is a wonderful addition to this happy day that we are planning for ourselves. This day is almost here and it feels like it's taken forever to get here! I guess that's how time rides... or flies :) Ain't no use in trying to stop it.

As for the coming up weekends, we are heading to Harrison, Higgins and Houghton for the 4th of July celebrations. We're heading up with a bunch of friends on Thursday evening to Harrison, then Friday morning it's off to Higgins Lake. I really can't wait for this long weekend! Then next Tuesday, we get to do something Bob's been waiting all year for... I bought him Common Ground tickets for the Sammy Hagar concert... wow, I'm so excited... not really. He's definitely NOT one of my musically favorites. OH, the things you do for love ;)

Next up will be our annual canoe trip with Remus and the gang. Now this, I am truly excited for... It's one of those weekends you start counting down the days until the next year's trip. We are heading up on Thursday evening, then the canoing starts at about 9am Friday morning. We canoe until about 6pm, head back to camp and start all over again at about 9am Saturday. This trip was designed as a "one-generation" only trip, which means no kids or parents of the attendees. All kinds of shenanigans take place in this free for all atmosphere.

Once we get back from that trip, we are now less than 2 weeks away from the wedding, which means, we will be busier than we will probably expect. It's all worth it though. I can't wait!

No comments: