Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring is Coming!

Hi! So, my mystery sickness was identified 3 days after going to the doctor... Lo and behold, I did have strep, just exactly as I told the doctor I did. The throat culture they did for the lab came back 100% positive for it - so needless to say, I suffered miserably for 3 days longer than I should have... Oh well, I'm over it now and happy to be so.

Haha, 2 weeks later after promising do I finally recap how the Bath Boxing Show went - better late than never, right??

The boxing show was a smashing success. The Clinton Co. Boxing Club "came home" with with 4 wins and 3 losses - pretty good for a night! Unfortunately, both Bath High School kids lost their fights. Travis actually looked like he had the fight wrapped up in a nice little package, everyone was pretty much shocked when the decision announced his opponent as the winner. For being nervous (he'll claim he wasn't) he did look good. As for Bobby - she looked the best she has looked all year fighting. She was over matched with her opponent - who had been training for 4 straight years, had plenty more fights and, as we found out Friday night before the fight, she planned on going pro in June of this year. Bobby came out boxing and barely losing the fight. She only lost by 2 punches, by the judges scoring, which shows how tight of a fight it really was. Bobby may not have won the fight, but won the admiration and a lot of new fans that night. We are so very proud of her!!!!

This coming up Thursday, the 18th, she is boxing a 27 year old at Golden Gloves in Saginaw. This isn't the tournament Bobby will be fighting her way through; but the promoters for the east side of the state want to showcase woman's boxing and thought Bobby would be the prime candidate for representing woman's boxing. Saturday, March 20th, Bobby (and the rest of the Clinton Co Boxing Club) will be fighting through the Golden Gloves for their districts. Bobby is definitely making waves and a name for herself in the boxing world.

On top of all this, Bobby has started softball training (first game at the end of March) for her last year on the Bath softball team. She is one busy young woman. Again, there's much to be proud of.

As for Bob and I... after the show, we both crashed. As I explained a couple weeks ago, I got sick and we believe Bob caught a little bit of my bug too. We are both better now. The last couple weeks, besides working a lot, we've been taking it easy at home catching up on some much needed rest. Now that the snow has ceased to exist, we can start planning our gardens and getting our outdoor housework completed. To me this is very exciting!

On a final note, we ended up bailing on the Big Ten Tournament this year. Things started coming up and friends started bailing too, so we forgo Indy in favor of our planned family vacation to Florida the first week in April. After MSU lost Friday night, we're happy to have made the decision we did. We will be there next year though. It's one of those trips that Bob and I really look forward to every year.

I do want to apologize for no photos with this post. I took video of the Bath Boxing Show and haven't gotten pictures from anyone who promised they would copy me on them... As soon as I get some, I will post a couple to show you all what you missed.

Have a very blessed week!

No comments: