Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Now that you are wondering...

How this all came about...

This past week, we were vacationing at the southern tip of Torch Lake, near the little town of Alden. We left for our trip Saturday morning following my (Dawn) parents, with Erik & Sharre and their kids following us. We arrived Saturday afternoon and hung out and enjoyed the weather. Rhonda came over (she now lives in Traverse City) and later that evening, unbeknownst to me, Rhonda and Bob were conspiring my future surprise.

Sunday morning peaked, we had breakfast and Bob decided that we should take a drive up Old Mission Peninsula and show Bob's daughter, Amber and her boyfriend, Sam the sites. We went to the little general store and then up to the lighthouse. On our way back we decided to catch some lunch at this little restaurant/art gallery. Bob asked if I wanted to stop at one of my favorite wineries (Chateau Grand Traverse). I had initially said no, as I knew everyone was on their way out to the Torch Lake sandbar on our boat and that's where we also wanted to be. Then I changed my mind so I could pick up some Cherry Sangria Wine (mixed with 7-Up or Sprite, it's a party in your mouth... that's how the winery describes it...) Being completely oblivious as to what was going on around me, I thought we needed to find Amber and Sam so that we could take pictures of them at the scenic lookout. Bob told me not to worry, they would find us. Still completely oblivious, I was getting ready to take a panoramic photo of the vineyard when he asks me if I would marry him. Considering we have had this conversation previously on a few occasions, I answer him with my normal "When you ask me" response. It is then I am trying to take my photo when he starts grabbing at my hand. At first, me being me, I was slightly annoyed and started to ask "What are you...??" that's when I looked down at his hand and he truly asked "Will you marry me?" with this huge diamond burning my retina's. I don't think anyone has ever shocked me, the person who ALWAYS has something to say, into silence. Of course this scared him, but I removed my sunglasses, looked him in the eyes (I had already started to cry) and answered with a "Well, I've been waiting for you to ask. Of course I will, yes, I will marry you."

The photo you see below is the picture I actually captured as I stood in shock looking at Bob and this magnificent ring he had proposed with. How awesome!!! (As a side note, he left me that night around 2am so he could go back to work... He didn't come back until late Wednesday night - 9pm, even though I begged and begged him to come back earlier). As for the rest of our week at Torch Lake, that will be next post. Considering I took 203 pics, I need to sort as to which ones I will post in an album at picasa.com.

Thanks to everyone for all your support and love!!!! We are truly lucky to have found each other!!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jason & Lesa said...

CONGRADS!!! We love you and we are very excited for you!